Tuesday 23 May 2017

Reflection time!

May 22, 2017 10:06:46 AM.jpg


“I have enjoyed doing the number of the day, because I like using big numbers and taking away numbers, and writing it in my language (Samoan)."

May 22, 2017 11:13:40 AM.jpg

“I like learning numbers in Maori, Samoan, Japanese, it shows how numbers are made up. ie. sefulu tasi means 11 or ten and one.”” using the cookie problem to put the cookies into groups, we know that is called division.” “I like the problems with our names in them.”

May 22, 2017 12:04:50 PM.jpg


“I like talking to each other, when I am answering problems.”  “I like being in a small group.” I like using the number line to add numbers”

May 22, 2017 12:52:24 PM.jpg

‘I didn’t understand fractions and then doing this activity it helped me. I could see patterns of making 12 and how to split the number into halves and thirds.”



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:11 pm

    Can parents please be advised how these Maths groups are formed? Are they for all the students or special interest groups? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 pm

    Hi there,
    Of course please email Kimm@sunnyhills.school.nz so I can answer your question more effectively.
    Kind regards,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete